Monday, February 13, 2012

The week or weeks that I fell off the wagon, Home Decorating

No people I didnt literally fall off the wagon but I havent been doing so good with my healthy lifestyle. If yall remember at the first of the year I was going to start being healthier and exercise more. This wasnt about getting skinny it was just about being healhty. Well I missed one day and then one day turned into 2 weeks. EPIC Fail. I havent been doing good at all but I woke up this morning and I am started back today and just forgetting about the past 2 weeks.

So I am asking that I please help me stay on the health wagon this time and not fall off!!!!!

Well unfortunatly its Monday again. I am getting use to working 6 days a week though so I am not so slow moving!!! I got a bunch done this weekend. So let me recap it for you!!

Saturday I worked from 8-12 then I headed to Philadelphia to meet my sweet friend Michael. We ate Mexican which I know wasnt healthy but oh how I love mexican cheese dip. We then headed to the movie theater and saw the Vow. All I can say is wow it really was a wonderful movie. I cried alot but the tears were so worth it. I def want to read the book soon.

After the movie, I went to Walmart and got some decorating supplies!! Jeremy and I got a house together back in October and I moved in December. I havent done much decorating cause I didnt know what I really wanted to do so been doing it room by room. I also wanted to get settled in a routine and get use to living with Jeremy before I started decorating. Well know I am in full decorating mode.

The kitchen is painted orange with all black appliances. Its also in the center of the house so it doesnt have alot of light but it is my favorite place cause it is where me and Jeremy gather after work and do alot of our talking. Well I have decided to incorporate the color yellow in this room. So I am painting some wine bottles yellow and I had a sun plate that was orange that I am painting yellow. I am excited about this and hope the yellow brightens up the room and makes it welcoming. I will post pictures when I am finished.

The living room I am doing in red and black. Our living room has all windows across the back wall which I love it looks out into the backyard and out onto the back porch. So thats why I wanted more dark warm colors cause this is already the brightest room in the house due to all the windows. It also wasnt hard to go with red cause Jeremys parents gave us there old furniture which was a red couch and a red chair.

In my bathroom I am going with calm colors. I have decided to use green (like grass green) white and brown. I also think I might throw some orange and yellow in there to since my bathroom isnt far from the kitchen. The people who owned the house before us left the shower curtain in there. It is brown with swirls of green and tan color. I really loved the shower curtain but didnt know if I wanted to keep it. Well after timeI have decided why go spend more money right now when I can just use what i have.

My dining room is my favorite I think. It is done in brown and baby blue. I dont know why but I love these two colors together. When we moved in the walls were already baby blue so I knew it was meant for me to have my dinding room brown and blue. This room was the first one I finished. My dining room table is my great grandmothers that Jeremys mom refinished for me. and the buffet table is my step dads that he gave me. I love this room!!! I just never hardly go in there.

Our bedroom is dont in more calming dark tone. Our furniture is dark wood with black marble top. This was our first purchase together so it means alot. Our walls are grey and our comforter is a baby blue down comforter. I have alot of safari items in there to bring it all together. The only think I need is curtains. This sounds so redneck but I have blankets nailed to the windows to keep the sun out. I cant decide what color curtains I want yet. Ideas anyone???

I am not very artistic but I am loving the ideas I have and excited about finishing all of them. I want a home that friends feel comfortable. I dont want one where people are scared of breaking something. I also dont want to spend tons of money. I mean I dont want to spend bunches cause in a few years I might want to change up and redecorate.

Ok so I need to know something and I need somebodies help!!! How do I upload pictures from my phone to my blog post??? I feel like this shouldnt be so hard but evidently I am dumb cause I cant figure it out. So if someone could comment and explain how or email me explaining how. I am also so excited cause Jeremy is calling today so we can set up an appointment to get the interent at our house. Do you hear the angels singing?? I do.

2 comments:

CALLIE said...

O I can't wait to see pics of all the rooms!!

THere may be an easier way, but I always email my phone pics to myself and save them to the computer. If you find out a better way, holla at yo gurl!!

Renee Arianna said...

I'm with Callie! I just email them to myself and then download them/save them to my computer. I've heard other bloggers say this is what they do as well.