Friday, September 2, 2011

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I love it when my alarm goes off in the morning hahahahaha WRONG!!!! but I do not hate it so bad when that obnoxious sound goes off in my ear on FRIDAY morning cause my weekend is just a few hours away. I am super excited that it is also a holiday weekend (doing a little dance in my seat)

So yesterday was a pretty good day, I feel like my first day of letting the past go and not worrying was a success to a degree. I only got down and analyzed a situation once and it was totally needed. So what was that situation I am sure you are asking right???? Walmart ugh yes I always walk out of that place with a tear in my eye cause that bill just makes me cringe. So as I mentioned in a previous post I love me some SEC football, well it started last night with my Dawgs beating the Memphis Tigers 59-14. So proud of my boys last night it was so good to see them in action and I loved torturing my ole miss fan roomate. Well Saturday is going to be a big day in our house cause we have alot of other SEC football games to watch. Well here the last few months I have learned that I can cook!!!! SHOCKER!!!! I am actually good at it to and I can even follow direction without getting confused. So I made up a menu for Saturday and made a grocery list, and then decided I would cook also for last nights game so added that to the grocery list. After work yesterday I went and tanned and got me a twenty minute nap in and off to walmart I went. I was all excited and had a big smile on my face.I got everything on my list and nothing else. Got to the checkout and the sweet cashier said your total is $85 DO WHAT???? yes good mood shot smile gone. NICOLE how in the world did you spend that much. I was sick to my stomach the whole way home. I even got great value brand of everything and it was still that high.

I got home and decided to hurry up and suprise Jacob with supper. I figured since I was going to be torturing him with State football all night the least I could do was cook for him. I made buffalo chicken casserole. It was so easy to fix and oh so delicious. I got low fat everything so I wouldnt feel so guilty eating some of it. I know how boys like their beer and buffalo chicken while watching football so knew Jacob would love it and acourse he did. SCORE!!!!! Now just hope my cooking tomorrow is a big success to!!!! Im doing rotel dip, chocalate covered strawberries (that is going to be like footballs), doing some cocktail weenies wrapped in bacon, and some homemade bagel bites. Im so excited to see the finished product and hope the boys enjoy it all.

Further more I am very proud of myself casue I never had anyone to show me how to cook. My mom never let me help her cook and my grandmaw never wanted anybody watching her. So just a few months ago I got tired of sitting around complaining about how I wish someone had showed me how to cook, therefor I just got up and got to reading recipes and just started doing it myself. I have taught myself alot of things here lately and I have also learned that it is ok to ask somebody to help you or ask how to do something. I still have a long way to go but I am much better person than I was a year ok and I am getting better everyday. I want to keep pushing myself cause I want to be able to show my kids things and I want them to have the family life I didnt.

Ok enough I have to stop bragging on myself although I quite enjoyed it hahahaha!!!!! This weekend I am gonna to attempt my first homemade project. Now I have never been one to have a creative mind and I havent started I found these projects on Pinterest!!!! I have always said I wish I was creative and made stuff at home. So Im through saying I wish I could and Im going to do it. Also Sunday is Jeremys nephews bday so we will be going to Kosciusko to spend time with him, and Lizzie is going to spend the night. Awe I am prob going to cry. Lizzie is fixing to be 6 months old and has not been away from me alot, and when she is gone I feel so lost. If I am like this with a dog whew I cant imagine how I am going to be with a baby.

I sure hope everyone has a very blessed weekend and enjoy your time off!!!!!!

Be Blessed-
Nicole

No comments: