Thursday, January 19, 2012

My New Year update!

I am trying to still play catch up in the blog world. I feel so out of the loop :(  I dont have much to tell yall cause my life consists of late nights at the office and working 6 days a week so day number 7 is catch up at home day. I did want to let yall know how my new year goals are going. If you didnt read my post where I listed some things I wanted to work on in the new year then well its your luck day here they are again.

  1. I want to be physical active more. Like running, walking, working out, swimming, Anything besides lifting a spoon or fork to my mouth.
  2. I want to be better at planning. I am such a procrastinator about everything. I want to make meal plans for the week and grocery list and plan birthdays a month in advice instead of the week of.
  3. I want to read more. I use to love reading and always had a book in my hand. I want to try to read one book a month surely I can do that.
  4. I want to be more crafty. I look on pinterest and love all the DIY crafts but I am always to scared to try it all. I want to stop being scared and just do it. I might actually be good at.
  5. I want to strenghten my relationship with God. Everyone needs this.
  6. I want to get more into cooking and baking. I feel like I am always cooking the same thing. I want to venture out more and take risk with cooking.
  7. I want to work on my self esteem. I always feel like people arent going to like me. I feel like I am not pretty enough or not skinny enough. I know I am not fat but I am very insecure with myself and my body
.

So there is the list and I have to say I am patting myself on the back cause I am doing real good with all of these goals. My first goal was to be more physical active and well while I havent been running outside I have been doing cardio in the house in front of the tv so I would def say I am diong good. Once this weather decided what it wants to do then I will def be outside enjoying the beautiful world.

Second on my list was to be a better planner. I have always said I work better under pressure. Well while this is true all I am doing is stressing myself out when this is truely not necessary. I bought a planner and well I have been using it very faithfully. I have wrote down everyones birthday and special occasion. While I still have a few weeks til Valentines Day I have already started planning what I want to do special for Jeremy. While I havent done any meal plans I have been making grocery lists which is a big deal to me cause I would try to memorize everything and then would wind up forgetting everything. I have been bringing my lunch to work with me everyday and even pack it and plan it the night before.

Third on my list was I wanted to read more. I have simply just gotten away from reading and I have missed reading. I started this goal the week after Christmas actually. I have finished 2 books and halfway through with another one. So I think I am taking this goal on pretty good. Here is the list of what I have read:




Fourth on my list I havent been able to really tackle but I have been to another painting class and painted a cross for my guest bedroom. I have also been decorating the house more so I consider that I have been trying to be crafty but havent tryed to make anything yet so I def do need to work on this.

Fifth was to strengthen my relationship with God and I have def been working on this. If it hadnt been for talking to God and having him by my side this week I think I would be a mental case. I def have not done this as well as I need to but Im def getting there and can def tell a difference in my life.

Number Six is a Zero. I am not going to lie I have not ventured out at all. I mean dont get me wrong I have been cooking but nothing new at all. So I havent done good at this goal at all. Well unless you call doing my tuna salad different then I have done one new recipe. hahahaha yeah I dont think that counts.

Number Seven wow is all I can say about it. I have def been trying to work on my self esteem but I catch myself alot downing myself or looking in the mirror and saying gosh I am so ugly. Yes I am that girl I can tell you how many rolls and flaws I have.

Overall I think I am def making progress and am loving 2012 so far. Now if I can just keep my sanity for 13 mmore weeks and 77 days. Yes I already know how many more days and weeks are left in tax season.
I feel bad for Jeremy cause I know I get tired and ill during tax season but I am really trying to do good and be nice.


1 comment:

CALLIE said...

I definitely feel the same way about cooking... must learn some new stuff. I'm sure Kendol gets real excited when I say I'm cooking spaghetti again for th 18,000th time ha!! Way to go on keeping up with your goals :)

P.S. You are beautimous... Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Just perfect the way you are.