Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I am watching it rain and its all dark and gloomy : ( As i sit here I got to thinking about how I wished I was home in my bed with a good movie on. Then my mind went into overdrive which if you know me this is something I do alot. I sometimes feel like I am never satisfied in life. If the sun is shining and Im at work Im complaining to myself how I wish I was outside by the pool and well today with the rain I still would rather be somewhere else. I also am constantly downing myself as a person which I shouldnt do at all but I continuelly do it.

I know you are thinking what is this crazy girl getting at?? I just feel like I am a selfish human being when it comes to myself and what I want. No I think I always but others first but Im always complaining. Examples my hair today is a hot mess and I keep looking in the mirror going ugh well I shouldnt be like that cause they is many people who wake up and dont have any hair cause they are battling cancer. Ok another example I look at my skin and think OMG I need to make a tanning appointment cause Im so white. Instead I should be greatful that I can see my skin. I complain every morning for about 15 minutes about what I am going to wear to work and I almost always say I have nothing to wear. Ok my closet is slam full of clothes and there is alot of people that are homeless and dont have nice things.

I know I am not the only one out there who takes things for granted in life but it is not my place to judge others and that is definitely not why I started a blog. I started it to better myself and hopefully find people like myself along the way. I need to start being grateful for what I have and quit complaining so much cause I could def have it so much worst than what I do. I just feel like I am a debbie downer to myself and that I am hindering myself more than others by being like this.

So today I want everyone to know that I am thankful for my life. I have a vehicle that gets me to and from work ( even though it does make strange noises), I have a home to go to everynight and a bed to sleep in ( a very comfy bed at that), I have a cell phone ( an iphone thanks to my boyfriend), I have a family that yes there is times where I wish I could trade them for another family but they are the reason I am here today and the reason I strive to be the best I can be, I have a boyfriend that is God sent cause I am not a easy person to love at times but he never gives up on me, I have a roommate that has been my best friend for 8 years and he always understands me and lets me yell at him when i need to vent and cry when i need to cry, I have my girl Lindsey who she is another one that is God sent cause she has helped me more in the last year than she knows and she always knows how to make me smile, and I have a job that helps me have the material things I have that in the world today alot of people dont have. BUT!!!!!! Most importantly I am thankful that I know God cause if I didnt know him I would be a lost person going down the wrong path and I am thankful that even on my ungrateful days that he still loves me.

So take the time today to be thankful even if it is just to be alive and see another day. Be thankful for what you have cause I promise you when if you made a list out what you have to be thankful for will out weigh the bad in your life. Everyone has problems in life and nobody is perfect but you have to be thankful for what you do have today cause tomorrow it might be gone.

" Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" - Romans 12:21

What are you thankful for today???

1 comment:

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Hi and welcome to the fun world of blogging. I am thankful for my health, and the ability to travel all over Europe while still earning a paycheck.

I found your blog through Shasta Anne. I'm your newest follower. Stop by and say hi sometime.

On Friday, I'll have some fashion pics from my weekend trip to london.

xoxo
Michelle